I’ve decided to print as many parts as I can to make a Prusa Mendel. Hopefully I can make enough parts so I can just ask some people to make the parts my CupCake can’t make. Currently, every object I make has too much perimeter material–parts designed to interlock don’t fit. I’ve tried to fix this in Skeinforge, but right now I’m adjusting my belt tension to see if that helps. My CupCake fails on large prints, so I’ll need help on those.
The goal of getting my MakerBot was to get it to make a full set of working RepRap parts, but it never has. This has made me a bit sad. So, to remedy this, I’m going to calibrate my bot to the best of my ability (and maybe get some help from others in the 3D Printer Village) and print as many parts as I can. Wish me luck!